This is my first tutorial. I hope you like it. In this tutorial I will show you how to create simple car rim 3d model.
We are going to us 3ds max 2010. Let’s begin!
1. Firstly we change our units. To this end we click on a Customize and Units Setup
2. Choose Metric and click OK
3. Now create a Cylinder from Standard Primitives
4. Change value like in a picture
5. Click right mouse button and choose Convert to Editable Poly
6. Select faces like in this picture
7. Click right mouse button and choose Bevel
8. Copy value and choose apply
9. Copy once again, but now click OK
10. Use Move tool (Hotkey “W”) and shift down selected faces
11. Select this faces and delete this by Delete button
12. Choose faces like in this picture, click right mouse button and Bevel
13. Copy value from picture and apply
14. Copy and apply once again
15. Copy once again and click OK
16. Now we create hole for screw. To this end select Vertexes, click right mouse button and choose Chamfer.
17. Then we have Dialog Box with chamfer value. Set 0,013m and click OK button.
18. Select new faces and choose Bevel.
19. Copy value and click OK.
20. Select edge like in picture and chamfer this for sharp shape in this place
21. Select middle edge, click right mouse button and Connect
22. Set Side for 75
23. Spread this list and find TurboSmooth
24. Next create new Tube from Primitives with value from picture
25. Select our wheel, find Attach and click on new Tube
26. Chamfer this edge
27. Copy value and choose OK
28. Once again create Tube from primitives with value from picture
29. Convert this to Editable Poly
30. Chamfer selected edges
31. Select outside faces and scale down by Scale tool ( Hotkey “R”)
32. Chamfer this edges
33. Select wheel and attach new Tube